Saturday, January 23, 2010

She and Him-- "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"




This video features the same actor and actress from the off-beat romantic movie "500 Days of Summer"--out last year, which I reviewed a few months back on this site.

The odd thing is that I first heard this on a syndicated National Public Radio show called "The World Cafe", which is one of the best programs out there for hearing both contemporary American and world music. I would recommend you might stop by the website below to hear this program because it literally has something for everyone there.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=39&agg=1

The music is good enough to stand alone I'd say, but the bank robber motif is appealing as well. Nowadays most bankers do their own robbing, so its a bit of an anarchromism to see anyone resort to actually using a gun to take money when its so much easier just to steal it from taxpayers in the guise of staving off a financial emergency.

14 comments:

  1. loved that movie. and this was very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got no sound for some reason. I`ll try again later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly me I had it turned off on my laptop. I didn`t see the movie. Perhaps I should go and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, how can she resist him, he robs in such a nice way! I think the security guard is dead on his feet,hahahahahaha. Thank you doug, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, how can she resist him, he robs in such a nice way! I think the security guard is dead on his feet,hahahahahaha. Thank you doug, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, doug. I've been getting double postings this morning, hence the delete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked it, Lihsa. When I heard the song I didn't even recognize who was singing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The movie is more realistic than many romantic comedies, Jeff, so I was pleasantly surprised it didn't follow the familiar "rom-com" formula.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, he does appear past his prime, Cassandra. It's great to find a song you want to post that has a diverting video to go with the music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the nature of the Multiply beast right now, Cassandra. I had to delete four of my five identical comments on a friends site ,so you are actually quite economic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! This is terrific! No one in the bank even notices what's going on, and did he leave without the money? It looked like it to me!
    I tried watching this last night, but it wouldn't play. I'm glad it did this morning. Thank you, I needed a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome Jacquie. I was a fortunate find for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to have 500 days of summer and be a kid again. 500 days without anything to do and all day to do it. Oh my

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be a great deal without doubt, Fred.

    ReplyDelete