Monday, January 7, 2008

He & She opening credits (1967)




Here's a half-forgotten show I happened to think about the other evening. It was one of those shows that introduced kids my age to an idealized (and sublime) view of romance between a man and a woman. I remember a lot of people were sad it went off the air after one year. I can't say I remember one episode but i do remember this beautiful opening. This could be a great opening for a show even today.

Richard Benjamin went on to stardom in motion pictures. Paula Prentiss already was a star, but she more or less retired after doing an underrated cop movie called "The Black Marble" in 1980. She appeared briefly in 1998 as a nurse in a comedy with Shirley MacLaine and Ricky Lake called "Mrs. Winterborne", a film directed by her husband Richard Benjamin.
As far as I know, they are still together, so maybe there is something to the romantic love you see in this brief clip.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot say I ever saw the show. It may have been just a tad before my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was just barely in my time. I remember it was on Friday nights. The opening and the general "feel" of the show has always stuck in the back of my head,and I heard older friends remark that it was a cut above the usual sit-coms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just checked: "He and She" was rerun as a "Summer replacement" show on CBS in 1970. My memories of the show might be from that time, since I would have just turned ten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just turning six and I think I am glad I missed it. It did have a feel of the seventies in the opening.

    ReplyDelete