Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rick Mercer Report : Lusher Sexier Britisher




It seems there is no let up in interest for the romantic couplings and sex lives of the British monarchs of the Tudor Era, especially Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. There's been a brace of films and a score of television shows in the last couple decades about the two monarchs and the rather sticky situations they got themselves into in pursuit of love and lust.

In Henry's case, the rather one-sided divorce settlements
doled out to Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard has been dramatized a whole heck of a lot you ask me. Yet another Anne Boleyn movie is due out soon called "The Other Boleyn Girl".

Others may disagree. One things for sure: these dramatizations prove that the 16th Century British Royals were the lustiest monarchs ever in Europe...until the Stuarts maybe! And, okay, Louis XV might have had a girlfriend on the side. But you can't beat the Tudors, right?

Glad to see some of the other dynasties of England are finally getting their due.

5 comments:

  1. "take me, pudding man!" Boy, if I had a dollar for everytime a woman said that to me...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I rather be popsicle man instead of pudding man. I am sure they have something to help with the pudding problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Edward VII (reigned 1901-10), Queen Victoria's son, was quite the ladies man. Dozens of ladies to be exact. As Prince of Wales, he was named twice by angry husbands as the cause of their divorce proceddings against their wives. At least once he had to testify in court. "Pudding Man" makes Prince Charles look like a stick with no popsicle.

    ReplyDelete