Monday, January 21, 2008

La Mer. Charles Trénet




I don't know about you folks, but its cold around Oregon. 25 degrees here last night. And I know, it much worse in other places in North America. But I'm still cold in the mornings and I could use more sunshine.

The only great place to be right now is Honolulu, Hawaii, where it was 82 degrees yesterday. But that ain't happening.
I was looking out over the snow coming down in our backyard, like I was in a dacha near Moscow, and thought of this old French standard. It might make you feel a little warmer.

5 comments:

  1. It has been relatively cold here as well! We are due to see some warm weather this weekend. Thank you for reminding me there are warm days ahead! I did not realize you spoke Francais. Je parle Francais aussi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize I spoke French either. Certainly I haven't said anything intelligent in French since the ninth grade. I know "La Mer" is "The Sea". Beyond that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an assumption when I heard the titlte of the song. My mistake. La Mer is is the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song as well, thanks for posting it and reminding me how much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. I thought it was a good point to do so.

    ReplyDelete